Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Six Fundaes

As I sit on my desk, in my room, my mind wanders. I have been doing enough timepass on my laptop: surfing the net to check my mail, checking my scraps on orkut (knowing there are no new scraps, yet thinking that by clicking the “Home” button again & again, new scraps will appear), to continuously unbold any NB name which was bold, on Dbab, constantly checking my Gtalk list.

As my mind wanders, my eyes wander too. I see the various things I have pinned to my pin board: a newspaper article which reads “You can change your destiny”, an article with an SRK pic on it, an A4 sheet with a compilation of my pics taken when I was in SF, my time table for this term, a small Santa Claus kind of a thing (isn’t red and white though) given to us on Christmas last year by our floor Tuchchis. My eyes finally settle on a single sheet of paper stuck to the pin board right in the middle.

It’s a sheet which has 6 very simple rules of life written on them. These rules or rather fundaes were given to me by a person who probably disliked me then, and maybe still does. Or maybe not. I don’t know. It doesn’t matter what I think of that person, doesn’t matter that we don’t talk to each other anymore. What matters is what the person said, and the fact that they made sense to me. These 6 fundaes have stayed on with me and I try (if not always) to follow them.

1. Live life simply

2. Do not complicate it

3. Don’t look for support

4. Be ready to provide it

5. Don’t reject what people say

6. Don’t accept everything too

They might not be the best, but they really suit me. Even though I don't follow them all the time, someday I will. Coz I know they make sense for a person like me. Coz the person who said all this knew it made sense for me. :)

1 comment:

2T aka Vamsee said...

nothing grey, no work for grey cells. nice and simple - good way to start blogging :)